Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body is unable to make proper use of glucose, cannot produce sufficient insulin to process the glucose, which results in hyperglycemia & glycosuria.
Similarly in Ayurveda, a condition in which a person passes honey like urine is called Madhumeha (hyperglycemia). It is among 20 types of prameha described in ayurveda classics or book i.e. charaka samhita, sushruta samhita, Astanga sangraha etc.
Now days stressful modern living, leads to increasing incidence of diabetes. Now in the whole world, nearly about 24% of the populations are suffering from this. By 2020, it may reach up to 40-45% according to WHO. Diabetes is the single most important metabolic disease that affects nearly every organ of body. Now diabetes is one of prime causes that leads death. Diabetes is associated with significant long term sequela particularly damage or dysfunction of various organs especially the kidney, heart nerves & eyes, & blood vessels.
- Life style
- Lack of exercise
- Too much sleep
Diabetes Mellitus is of 2 types,
TYPE 1- Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus: In these condition, your body does not make insulin. Your immune system attacks & destroy the cells in your pancreas that make insulin. People with type-1 diabetes need to take insulin every day.
TYPE 2- Non Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus: In these condition, your body does not make or use insulin well. This type of diabetes occurs most often in middle age and older people. Most common type of diabetes.
- Polyuria (frequency. of urine test)
- Poly phagia (increased appetite)
- Polydyspia (excessive thirst)
- Turbidity in urine
- Debility / tiredness
- Weight loss
- Non Healing ulcer
- isuable disturbance/retinopathy
- Cardio vascular diseases.
- Renal tissue damage/nephropathy
- Burning in palm & sole
- Dry mount
- Slow healing of cuts
- Taste of sweetness in mourn
- Erectile desfunction
- Get more physical activity
- In Yogasana like halasan, paschimottanasan
- Try to reduce stress
- Reduce weight
- Avoid smoking & alcohol
- Restriction in intake of sugar, fried food & daily products.
- Avoid day sleep & laziness
HERBS BENEFICIAL FOR DIABETES
- NEAM- contains flavonoid, triterpenoid & glycosides which are high blood sugar- lowering compound in diabetes
- GILOY- useful in controlling blood sugar level & also helps in wound healing, improves vision, use in urinary tract disorder
- GUDMAR- manage cholesterol, brings down high cholesterol, having bioactive constituents also helps to decrease sugar level
- VIJAY SAR-helps to treat cut, bruises & other skin problem.
- METHI- Galactomannan, a soluble fiber present in methi, slow down the absorption of sugar into blood.
X-DIABA is a unique combination of all the above drugs. As a result it stimulates cells of pancreases, thereby minimizes long term complication of diabetes mellitus as neuropathy, retinopathy, loss of libido etc. X-DIABA provides strength & works as a restorative agent.
Dosage:- 1 capsule two times a day or as directed by the physician.