Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a chronic gastrointestinal disorder and it causes abdominal pain, bloating, gas, cramping and constipation or diarrhea or both. In maximum cases, people can prevent this ailment and its relevant symptoms by managing your stress level, erratic lifestyle and irregular diet.
In Ayurveda, the similar condition is termed as Grahani or Sangrahani. In a human body, Grahani is where enzymes or Agni can be found. Generally, Grahani stores food till it is digested and then releases the same food after digestion. However, when this process is disturbed due to poor digestive enzymes, it discharges the ingested material and causes indigestion problem.
Since prevention is always better than cure, you should try to avoid the factors that lead to this medical condition. According to Ayurveda, the following are the common causes of Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
- Irregular eating habits
- Consumption of food late at night and even when you are not hungry
- Eating oily, spicy and fermented food
- Excessive drinking of coffee and tea
- Excessive consumption of non-vegetarian food
- Holding up urine and bowels for a long time
- Suffering from disturbed sleep
- Consumption of food that is difficult to digest and also the one that you are allergic to
- Indulge in excessive sexual activities
- Suffering from mental issues such as anxiety, fear, sorrow and stress
The symptoms of IBS may vary from one person to the other. Below are a few common symptoms associated with this medical condition:
- Experiencing chronic pain in the abdomen, bloating or cramping that can be cured either fully or partially by the passage of bowels
- Formation of excessive amount of gas
- Presence of mucus in the stool
- Suffering from constipation or diarrhea or sometimes experiencing alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhea
- Formation of mucus in the stool
- Urgent need to go to toilet immediately after meal
- Feel like you have not released bowel completely
- Other symptoms include anorexia, water accumulation in the edema, joint pain, fever, regurgitation with foul odor, heartburn, and vomiting
Moreover, abdominal pain that progresses or occurs at night, rectal bleeding and weight loss are the symptoms that indicate a serious medical condition.
Home remedies for IBS
There are a few home remedies recommended for the patients suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. These include drinking six to eight glasses of water, eating fruits such as pomegranate and buttermilk and so on. Have a good night sleep. Isabgol is an excellent source of soluble fiber and gives relief from constipation and is highly recommended for the individuals afflicted with IBS.
Practicing yogas such as Dhanurasana, Shavasana, Matsyasana, Pavanmuktasana, Halasana, Suryanamaskar are also advised for them.
Amproz syrup from Salveo Life Sciences is an herbal remedy for effective relief of this problem. It is a unique herbal formulation rich in amoebicidal as well as anti-protozoal properties. Herbal extracts that are used for the preparation of this herbal syrup:
Holarrhena Antidysentrica: Helps in the treatment of amoebic dysentery
Aegle Marmelos: Rich in astringent properties that cure pain and uneasiness in the abdomen.
Myristica fragrans: Known for its carminative property that eliminates gas and cures colic pain.
Allopathic medicines are also available in the market but it can offer temporary solution and also has side effects. Compared to these drugs, Salveo’s Amproz syrup is devoid of any harmful chemical ingredient and is only prepared from herbal extracts stuffed with medicinal values. It is used for curing chronic amoebiasis, recurrent diarrhea as well as various gastrointestinal disorders.
Dosage: For adults, two to three teaspoons two times per day before meal
For kids, one to two teaspoons twice daily
Or as advised by the doctor